Admissions decision 2019: Basic Education in Music
The principal has accepted the new students to the Music School of The Helsinki Conservatory of Music. There are 106 new students at the Music School and 45 at the Preparatory Instrumental Instruction.
Those guardians who have not given the permission to publish the name of their child on our website, will receive an acceptance letter from the Helsinki Conservatory of Music. The letters will be mailed on 11 June 2019. Those on the waiting list will be contacted if any study places will become vacant.
Principal Rea Warme-Korpinen (tel. 09 5860 5812) is available for inquiries about admissions decisions on Monday 17 June 2019 at 9.30–11 am. The office staff will not give any information about the admissions decisions.
- You don’t need to confirm your study place. If you do not accept your study place, please cancel it on Monday 17 June 2019 at 4 pm at the latest by email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If your contact information has changed, please send the updated information to the office by email email@example.com. The office is closed from 21 June to 4 August 2019.
- If you have previous studies at another music school, please send a document of it to the office by mail or email firstname.lastname@example.org on Wednesday 19 June 2019 at the latest.
- There is an additional fee for non-Helsinki residents. Read more about Tuition fees
Instructions for new students
1. Registration day for Music School and Singing school for young students
date and time: Wednesday 14 August 2019 at 5–6.30 pm
place: Helsinki Conservatory of Music, Main Hall, 1st floor
- You will get the name of your instrument teacher from the information desk.
- Enroll to the music theory/solfège lessons (in the Main Hall).
- Meet your instrument teacher and set the time for your lesson.
- The autumn term begins according to the timetable on Thursday 15 August 2019
2. Briefing for new students of Preparatory Instrumental Instruction
date and time: Tuesday 13 August 2019 at 6 pm
place: Helsinki Conservatory of Music, Chamber Music Hall
It is vitally important that all new students with their guardians are present!
- You will get information about the preparatory instrumental instruction in the common briefing. Then all students go to their respective instrument groups. The times for the lessons will be set with the teachers in the instrument groups.
- If you already have an instrument, please take it with you to the briefing. If not, the teachers will give you advice on buying or borrowing one.
- The autumn term begins according to the timetable on Thursday 15 August 2019.
Old and new students of the Music Play School
Confirmation of the study place and information about the beginning of the autumn term will be sent by email in June for everyone who has been accepted to the Music Play School for school year 2019–2020.